Ospreys v Bristol

Phew what a hectic day! It all kicked off with a visit to the hairdressers at 9am this morning – which somehow managed to turn into more of a conversation on turkey crown than anything remotely associated with haircuts. Oh and how could I forget the “what I’ve bought everyone for christmas” ramblings of the new-to-me hairdresser. All interesting additions to my £7 short back and sides haircut.

Upon getting home, it was time to get the ladder out and scale the dizzy heights of our roof in order to try and repair our dodgy Sky system. I check the cables and the dish – which all seemed in working order. But without the necessary equipment I was unable to check if the dish was out of alignment, which to be frank was the most likely cause of the problems. Anyway, I managed to find a workaround by changing the default transponder of my Sky digital box to point to another satellite and hey presto I got 80% of the channels back. So if you’ve got the same problems as I had try changing the default transponder to be – 10.832 H 22.0 5/6.

After all of the early morning/afternoon excitement, it was off down the Liberty stadium this evening for some corporate hospitality and watch the Ospreys v Bristol EDF Energy Anglo-Welsh Cup game.

The game itself – to use an old cliche – was indeed a game of two half’s with the Ospreys cutting loose in the 2nd half with some scintilating running rugby. Unsurprisingly with Bristol sending out their 2nd string for the game, the Ospreys ran out comfortable 34-3 winners and had James Hook had his kicking boots on the score would have been a lot higher.

What struck me most about the evening though – apart from the cracking view in the hospitality box and the lovely 2 course meal (especially the beef stroganoff!) – was the lack of atmosphere at the stadium.

I know only around 6 thousand were at the game, but the rugby games I’ve attended at the stadium always seem such muted affairs. In fact I did remark to one of the Ospreys regular followers that the atmosphere seems to have been left at the Gnoll and St. Helens respectively.