Another home game for the Swans today and yet another very disappointing performance. Despite the Swans gaining a point in a dour goaless game, it was the manner in which they played which perhaps is the most frustrating aspect, especially against a Brighton side (without an away point all season) which offered very little in any part of the field.
The now customary slow start and poor first half performance continued and it’s quickly becoming a worrying trend. It really was dire and for the first time in a VERY long time I wished I hadn’t even bothered going – such is my frustration at the moment.
So as usual here is a bullet-point summary of the day’s events:
- The atmosphere was as flat as a pancake (again) but it’s little wonder with what’s on offer at the moment;
- Notable contributions of the afternoon came from Chuckles (Angel Rangel), Orlandi and Dorus – who earned us the point with several fine saves;
- The referee – Michael Jones – made a poor game worse and really needed to take the Brighton time wasters to task;
- Tom Butler is obviously taking tips from Andy Robinson on how to look dis-interested in both the ball and the game on occasions;
- Darren Pratley – has obviously still got the crabs and he is certainly living up to his surname!
As you can imagine I can hardly contain myself for the visit of Swindon to the Liberty on Tuesday evening, it should be a real cracker (not).
As if the football wasn’t bad enough, I also had the misfortunate to watch Wales capitulate against Fiji – well part of it anyway (thankfully). What the hell is it with the Welsh team? If only they could have played the whole game as they did for the first 10 minutes of the second half. Surely, Gareth Jenkins has now got to go – along with some of the players in the squad. We can’t have turned into a 2nd rate rugby nation since the Grand Slam of 2005 – can we?
So it’s been a sh*t day really (on the sporting front anyway) and it’s put a real downer on my weekend. Sport does some funny things to us fella’s and it’s a good job we don’t have a cat that’s all I can say, otherwise it might have had its first flying lesson*.
* I can assure everyone reading this blog that no cat was harmed in the writing of this entry.