We are top of the league say we are top of the league! A 1 nil win for the Swans tonight against a useful monkey hangers outfit – but in all honesty we rode our luck (‘pools hit the crossbar twice) and were lucky to get the 3 points in the end. So Angel Rangel take a bow son, your goal was a cracker!
Whilst I’ll savour the moment of being top of the table, it doesn’t disguise the fact that once again we struggled to break down a well organised and physical team. It was without a doubt a frustrating night with only glimpses of the free-flowing passing game the Swans can play. I still can’t get my head around the 4-5-1 formation either, especially at home.
I won’t bother commenting much about the game itself – I’ll let you read the media reports for that, but here are a few choice comments about all and sundry:
1. I still can’t figure out why a 5o odd year old man – a complete stranger I hasten to add – wanted to show me his adult porn collection on his mobile phone pre-match?!!?!?
2. Andy Robinson is unfit, lazy and even uninterested. January transfer window anyone?
3. Dorus, Chuckles, Painter, Anderson and Bodde were the stars this evening.
4. Jason Scotland is NOT a target man, please don’t try to make him one.
5. The boo-boys have seemingly left the asbo east stand – thankfully.
So roll on Friday and the luxury of seeing the Swans live on Sky Sports against Horsham in the FA Cup 2nd Round.
Earlier in the day, I was invited out to lunch with my old working buddies from work to celebrate a birthday. The venue was the Anarkali in St. Helen’s road, which is rumoured to be the first tandoori restaurant in South West Wales since 1978! Well however long it’s been there, its reputation seems well earned as the food was delicious.
Despite arriving before the chef and having to wait nigh on 30 odd minutes for food – after munching some delicious poppadoms – it was well worth it. My chicken korma, chips and keema nan were spot on and all for the bargain price of about £9. I will definitely be going back there sometime soon!